<MP>Thursday, 23 July 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 21:52:04 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Bridget (1303?-1373)
From age seven on, Bridget had visions of Christ crucified. Her visions
formed the basis for her activity-always with the emphasis on charity rather
than spiritual favors. She lived her married life in the court of the
Swedish king Magnus II. Mother of eight children (the second eldest was St.
Catherine of Sweden), she lived the strict life of a penitent after her
husband's death.

Bridget constantly strove to exert her good influence over Magnus; while
never fully reforming, he did give her land and buildings to found a
monastery for men and women. This group eventually expanded into an Order
known as the Bridgetines (still in existence).   For more, follow the link
below:

When the LORD came down to the top of Mount Sinai, he summoned Moses to the
top of the mountain. ~Exodus 19:1-2, 9-11, 16-20b

"But blessed are your eyes, because they see, and your ears, because they
hear. Amen, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see
what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear
it." ~Matthew 13:10-17

God wants us to understand and to follow Him. That's why he appeared to
Moses on Sinai.  That's why Jesus was so solicitous about explaining great
mysteries to His disciples. May we strive to understand, and summon the
courage to follow the Lord's call, wherever it leads.

I pray that I may strive to understand God's will in my life.  I pray that I
may have the courage to understand ... and to follow.