<MP>Thursday, 22 February 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 21:32:22 -0600

H O L Y    L A N D    2 0 0 7
Join us on this wonderful 04-15 November Pilgrimage!

We have a brochure for our November 2007 Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
Imagine walking where Jesus walked, following the route of the real Stations
of the Cross, visiting the Tomb of Christ and his birthplace as well,
renewing Baptismal Promises at the Jordan River, renewing Marriage vows or
praying for a deceased spouse at Cana in Galilee.

We'll stay at only two Hotels this time, the Grand Court in Jerusalem (near
the old City) and the Gai Beach Spa Hotel in Tiberias, right on the Sea of
Galilee.  It's beautiful!

As always full breakfast and dinner is included, along with luggage
transfer, admissions, transfers and much more.  Gary says their Holy Land
Guides are the best!

Visit my Web Site for complete details.  You can sign up any time now, and
we expect this one to fill up quickly. Gary says the Holy Land has been
their most popular destination!  Just follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 0 7

Visit my special Lent page for lots of Lenten resources, including Pope
Benedict XVI's Lenten Message ... and STATIONS OF THE CROSS newly
illustrated by the 4th Graders of Saint Pat's School.  I wrote them for kids
and adults alike, in English and Spanish as well.  Just follow the link
from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear; for fear has to
do with punishment, and whoever fears has not reached perfection in love."
~John 4:18

I can trust God.  This lesson has to be learned.  My doubts and fears can
continually drive me back into the wilderness.  Doubts can lead me astray,
because I am not trusting God.  I can trust God's love.  It will never fail
me, but I can learn not fail it by my doubts and fears.  We all have much to
learn in turning out fear by faith.  Our doubts can arrest God's work
through us.  I need not doubt.  I can believe in God and continually work at
strengthening my faith.

I pray that I may live the way God wants me to live.  I pray that I may get
into that stream of goodness and love in the world.

Diane asks prayers for several intentions. Marie asks for prayers for her
son, that he will be offered a job as a police officer if it is God's will
for him. Yolande asks prayers for a friend's recovery, who is in serious
condition as a result of a car accident. Richard asks prayers for two
intentions. Jo Ann requests prayers for special intentions for her son and
his family.

A mother asks prayers for her son to return to the church and to make good
decisions in his life. A member requests prayer for her husband who is
having a biopsy of the prostate done on Thursday, that all will be OK. Brian
asks prayers for two intentions. Lil asks prayers for a special intention.
Tom requests prayers for a successful second interview and is trusting in
God's plan. Bob asks prayers for himself and his wife, for strength and
knowledge as he prepares for his first interview to become a Deacon.