<MP>Thursday, 22 April 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 21:29:47 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Adalbert of Prague (956-97)
Opposition to the Good News of Jesus did not discourage Adalbert, who is now
remembered with great honor in the Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary and
Germany. Born to a noble family in Bohemia, he received part of his
education from St. Adalbert of Magdeburg. At the age of 27 he was chosen as
bishop of Prague. Those who resisted his program of clerical reform forced
him into exile eight years later.

As they traveled along the road they came to some water, and the eunuch
said, "Look, there is water. What is to prevent my being baptized?" Then he
ordered the chariot to stop, and Philip and the eunuch both went down into
the water, and he baptized him. ~Acts 8:26-40

I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread
will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my Flesh for the life
of the world. ~John 6:44-51

Our Scriptures after Easter are so rich!  Today we hear about the Ethiopian
eunuch who came to faith and was baptized.  We hear about thousands and
thousands who came to believe and were baptized. And in our Gospel we hear
again of how Jesus feeds us with His very Body and Blood.  And we become the
Body of Christ here on earth.  What an awesome privilege!

I pray that I may grow in my faith in these days after Easter.  I pray that
I may grow in Christ's way as I receive His Body and Blood in the Eucharist.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Deb asks prayers for her son so that he is called back to work. A family
friend requests prayers for Erin who delivered a still born baby. Please
pray for our 9th Graders who celebrated the Rite of Election tonight, and
our 10th graders who will be Confirmed on 02 May!

We pray for the victims of the mine explosion and natural disasters. We pray
for those receiving Confirmation and First Communion, especially the second
graders in our CCD Program who will receive First Communion this weekend.