<MP>Thursday, 21 June 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 20:44:08 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

N E W    M E M B E R S

We get new members daily.  Welcome to the Group!  I've led annual
pilgrimages for the past few years.  You're more than welcome to come along
with us.  The next one is to the Holy Land.  Take a look at my Web Site for
complete details, pictures from previous pilgrimages, etc.  It would be
wonderful if you could come along!

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007
Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
We'll renew our Baptismal Promises at the Jordan River, where Jesus was
Baptized by John.  We'll renew our marriage vows and pray for any deceased
husbands and wives at Cana in Galilee where Jesus attended a wedding with
his Mother and turned water into wine.  We'll take a boat ride on the Sea of
Galilee.  We'll even have a chance to visit Masada and to swim in the Dead
Sea. We'll visit the Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem too, and see the Dead Sea
Scrolls.  You'll never read Scripture in the same way after this wonderful
Pilgrimage! Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Now, discipline always seems painful rather than pleasant at the time, but
later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been
trained by it.  Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak
knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not
be put out of joint, but rather be healed." ~Hebrews 12:11-13

A truly spiritual man or woman would like to have a serene mind.  The best
way to keep calm in this troubled world is to have a serene mind.
The calm and sane mind sees spiritual things as the true realities and
material things as only temporary and fleeting.  That sort of mind we can
never obtain by reasoning, because our reasoning powers are limited by space
and time.  That kind of mind we can never obtain by reading, because other
minds are also limited in the same way.  We can only have that mind by an
act of faith, by making the venture of belief.

I pray that I may have a calm and sane mind.  I pray that I may look up,
around and away from myself.

A member asks for prayers for a friend that God give him strength as he goes
daily to radiation therapy and that God remove his cancer. A member is
asking for prayers of peace and reconciliation for her sister and
brother-in-law who are having marital and legal problems. Karen asks prayers
for her mother-in-law who is having surgery, that the Lord will be with her,
give her peace and guide the surgeons hands.

Ruth asks prayers for her friend who needs emotional and financial support.
Nancy from PA requests prayers for the soul of a Redemptorist priest at the
parish they attend who died unexpectedly on Sunday evening while writing
letters prisoners who were a part of his prison ministry that God may grant
him eternal life for him who dedicated his life to God.

Gerry asks prayers for a special intention. Marilyn asks prayers for a
special intention. Lynn asks prayers for her mom who is having surgery on
Friday and her sister-in-law who has to be out of town for several days that
they both will be blessed with calm spirits. Carol requests prayers for her
son that has left the Catholic faith.

Amanda asks prayers for her son, that he may sort out his future after
school. Jo Ann requests prayers for her son who is having knee surgery on
Friday.  A member asks prayers of thanks for all the volunteers who worked
so hard to find Benji and for Benji's family for strength and faith after
his lifeless body was found late this morning.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.