<MP>Thursday, 21 February 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 21:29:07 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Peter Damian (1007-1072)
Maybe because he was orphaned and had been treated shabbily by one of his
brothers, Peter Damian was very good to the poor. It was the ordinary thing
for him to have a poor person or two with him at table and he liked to
minister personally to their needs. For more, click the link below:

Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose hope is the LORD. He is
like a tree planted beside the waters that stretches out its roots to the
stream: It fears not the heat when it comes, its leaves stay green; In the
year of drought it shows no distress, but still bears fruit.  ~ Jeremiah
17:5-10

The rich man also died and was buried, and from the netherworld, where he
was in torment, he raised his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at
his side. And he cried out, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me. Send Lazarus
to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am suffering
torment in these flames.  ~ Luke 16:19-31

Our selfishness can be so profound that we don't even notice or care about
the difficulties of others. Still, we are not satisfied with the empty
things we obtain. But we can trust in the Lord.  When we reach out our roots
to the stream we show no distress, but bear fruit.  May we turn away from
ourselves this Holy Season and back to the God who provides another chance,
and life-giving waters to soothe us and help us bear fruit.

I pray that I may turn from my selfishness and back to God.  I pray that I
may stretch my roots out to the waters of Baptism, be refreshed, and bear
fruit by noticing the needs of others and helping to satisfy them.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Bettye requests prayers for her daughter who is diagnosed with possible
thyroid cancer and who has three teenage sons. Geneva asks prayers for
grandparents of granddaughter & husband who have lost twins. Isabel asks
prayers for her son to find a full-time job. Ann asks prayers that Father
may have a full recovery and that her ultrasound scan and blood test will
all be clear  when she has her quarterly check on Friday.  Tasha asks
prayers for her grandma who got into a car accident and took a tumble the
day after while helping her sister.

MJV requests prayers for herself and family members who are experiencing
numerous financial and spiritual needs, that the Lord will bless them and
lead them according to His Will. The parish of St. Anselm and St. Francis
ask prayers for the women making the Christ Renews His Parish Retreat this
Saturday. A member requests prayers for her sister who suffers with
schizophrenia and will not take her medication.

Bill requests prayers for a safe trip and return on time. Anna requests
prayers for a speedy recovery for her father who has had rotator cuff
surgery. A very concerned wife requests prayers for guidance in finding the
right counselor for a family relationship problem of many years as well as
other issues.