<MP>Thursday, 21 August 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:33:06 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Only ELEVEN seats remain.
   10-22 November 2008

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK)
   *** All but FOUR seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Pius X (1835-1914)
Pope Pius X is perhaps best remembered for his encouragement of the frequent
reception of Holy Communion, especially by children. The second of 10
children in a poor Italian family, Joseph Sarto became Pius X at 68, one of
the twentieth century's greatest popes.

Ever mindful of his humble origin, he stated, "I was born poor, I lived
poor, I will die poor." He was embarrassed by some of the pomp of the papal
court. "Look how they have dressed me up," he said in tears to an old
friend. To another, "It is a penance to be forced to accept all these
practices. They lead me around surrounded by soldiers like Jesus when he was
seized in Gethsemani."  For more, follow the link below:

I will give you a new heart and place a new spirit within you, taking from
your bodies your stony hearts and giving you natural hearts. ~Ezekiel
36:23-28

Then the king said to his attendants, 'Bind his hands and feet, and cast him
into the darkness outside, where there will be wailing and grinding of
teeth.' Many are invited, but few are chosen."  ~Matthew 22:1-14

Because of our human imperfection we sin.  We can easily forget what is most
important and work for peripheral things that don't matter much at all in
the long run.  Still, God does not forget us.  He renews His covenant with
us, " ... you shall be my people, and I will be your God." We are invited to
be faithful to our side of that covenant.  How beautiful life is when we
choose to live that way.

I pray that I may not lose sight of the things that will last forever.  I
pray that I may always remember God's promise to be faithful to His covenant
with us, to give me a new heart and place a new spirit within me.  I pray
that I may accept the many invitations God offers me to draw closer to Him
and those around me. I pray that I may live my life knowing that God is the
most important influence in my life, and that all good things are
accomplished through Him.