<MP>Thursday, 21 April 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 18:21:17 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Anselm (1033-1109)
Indifferent toward religion as a young man, Anselm became one of the
Church's greatest theologians and leaders. He received the title "Father of
Scholasticism" for his attempt to analyze and illumine the truths of faith
through the aid of reason. At 15, Anselm wanted to enter a monastery, but
was refused acceptance because of his father's opposition. Twelve years
later, after careless disinterest in religion and years of worldly living,
he finally fulfilled his desire to be a monk. He entered the monastery of
Bec in Normandy, three years later was elected prior and 15 years later was
unanimously chosen abbot.

Devout men buried Stephen and made a loud lament over him. Saul, meanwhile,
was trying to destroy the Church; entering house after house and dragging
out men and women, he handed them over for imprisonment. ~Acts 8:1b-8

Jesus said to the crowds, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will
never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst." ~John 6:35-40

Saul (who would become Paul) is on a rampage after the stoning of Stephen.
Although fear possessed many believers, they persisted in their belief. And
Jesus feeds them with His Body and Blood.  Faith grows, and people come to
understand that they have been saved, and that they're bound for a new and
better life with Christ.

I pray that I may not be fearful, but strong in my faith. I pray that I may
be strengthened by the Body and Blood of Christ that I may *become* the Body
of Christ to those around me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Trymore asks that his submitted applications be considered for the posts he
is applying for. Melinda requests prayers for several intentions. A member
asks for prayers for grandson who has a drinking problem and for self due to
depression.

Nyari asks prayers for a special intention. VK asks prayers for a special
intention. Maria asks for prayers for her mom who isn't feeling well after
chemo on Tuesday and missed her Grandson's Confirmation tonight. Lauren
requests prays for the son of a friend who has epilepsy. A member asks
prayers for her husband who will have a PET Scan next week, that it will be
negative.

We pray for the victims of the mine explosion and natural disasters. We pray
for those receiving Confirmation and First Communion, especially the second
graders in our CCD Program who will receive First Communion this weekend.