<MP>Thursday, 20 November 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 14:29:38 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger
in the way described at the bottom of each morning prayer.  I won't be able
to do this for you during our time in Italy.  If you'd like to send a
message to Margie, DO NOT HIT REPLY AND SEND THIS MESSAGE.  That message
will not reach Margie.  Her e-mail address is:  marge@xxxxxxxxxx

T O D A Y

Today we are free to walk through Rome and visit any of the sites to which
we feel most drawn.  Or, we may wish to find a comfortable place to pray ...
or to observe the Italian culture and it's people.  We celebrate Mass at the
Cappella Ungherese at Saint Peter's Basilica. Some of us will visit the
Scavi (Excavations) beneath Saint Peter's Basilica today.  Keep us in your
prayers and know that you and your intentions are very much remembered in
ours as well!

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

St. Rose Philippine Duchesne (1769-1852)
Born in Grenoble, France, of a family that was among the new rich,
Philippine learned political skills from her father and a love of the poor
from her mother. The dominant feature of her temperament was a strong and
dauntless will, which became the material-and the battlefield-of her
holiness. She entered the convent at 19 without telling her parents and
remained despite their opposition. As the French Revolution broke, the
convent was closed, and she began taking care of the poor and sick, opened a
school for street urchins and risked her life helping priests in the
underground.  For more, follow the link below:

The Lamb has made us a kingdom of priests to serve our God. ~Revelation 5:10

For the days are coming upon you when your enemies will raise a palisade
against you; they will encircle you and hem you in on all sides. They will
smash you to the ground and your children within you, and they will not
leave one stone upon another within you because you did not recognize the
time of your visitation." ~Luke 19:41-44

How sad it is when we don't listen, and when we miss an opportunity.
Prophets continue to take a look at the past and remind us when our actions,
or lack of activity, may get us into trouble. But, when we're too
comfortable, we often don't want to listen to what they have to say.  When
we don't, we suffer just like those who tried the same thing in the past.
We pray together that we may read the signs of the times, return to God with
all our hearts, and recognize the time of our visitation.

I pray that I may read the signs of the times and not repeat the actions of
those who have gone before me, especially when those actions led to
disappointment and suffering.  I pray that I may return to God with all my
heart and live as a child of God, fully aware, and with my eyes open.