<MP>Thursday, 20 May 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 19:35:47 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Bernardine of Siena
(1380-1444)
Most of the saints suffer great personal opposition, even persecution.
Bernardine, by contrast, seems more like a human dynamo who simply took on
the needs of the world. He was the greatest preacher of his time, journeying
across Italy, calming strife-torn cities, attacking the paganism he found
rampant, attracting crowds of 30,000, following St. Francis's admonition to
preach about "vice and virtue, punishment and glory." Compared with St. Paul
by the pope, Bernardine had a keen intuition of the needs of the time, along
with solid holiness and boundless energy and joy. He accomplished all this
despite having a very weak and hoarse voice, miraculously improved later
because of his devotion to Mary.

The dispute was so serious that the commander, afraid that Paul would be
torn to pieces by them, ordered his troops to go down and rescue Paul from
their midst and take him into the compound. The following night the Lord
stood by him and said, "Take courage. For just as you have borne witness to
my cause in Jerusalem, so you must also bear witness in Rome."  ~Acts 22:30;
23:6-11

Righteous Father, the world also does not know you, but I know you, and they
know that you sent me. I made known to them your name and I will make it
known, that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in them."
~John 17:20-26

It was not easy to be a disciple in the early Church. After almost being
torn apart, Paul is rescued ... but then mot go and do the same thing in
Rome. But we're not alone.  Jesus is in the Father, and the Father in Him.
He makes the Father known and gives us His love and strength.  And we carry
on as Jesus' disciples these days.

I pray that I may accept the abuse that comes with being a disciple.  I pray
that I may know the Lord's presence with me through it all.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Donna asks for prayers of peace for her mother who's health is rapidly
failing from Alzheimer's. Marlene asks prayers for a special intention. A
member requests prayers for herself who needs the Lord's guidance and help
with finances.

A member requests prayers for her son who has many problems right now.
Marian asks prayers of thanksgiving for her brother who has been declared
cancer free and for someone else who has just been told they cannot beat
their cancer.