<MP>Thursday, 20 December 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 18:04:26 -0600

M O R E    E Y E    S U R G E R Y    T O D A Y
I had some more "surprise" eye surgery at Mayo Clinic at 4 p.m. today, to
laser some of the stray veins on the tumor and try to prevent any more
bleeding. I'm home and ready to Confessions and it's not even 6. I
appreciate you prayers so very much ... don't stop now!  P.S.  I was
unsuccessful in obtaining a punch card from Mayo that would give me every
fifth surgery free.  (-:

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,755 in Prizes!  A winner every day all year!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

A D V E N T    P A G E S
Our Advent Pages are up and running ... from links to alternative Christmas
gifts to much more.  Just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Dominic of Silos (c. 1000-1073)
It's not the founder of the Dominicans we honor today, but there's a
poignant story that connects one Dominic with the other.

Therefore the Lord himself will give you this sign: the virgin shall
conceive and bear a son, and shall name him Emmanuel.  ~Isaiah 7:10-14

Mary said, "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me
according to your word." Then the angel departed from her. ~Luke 1:26-38

Like Isaiah, it's tempting for us to seek a sign from God, that God is with
us and wants to be with us.  We prepare for the coming of the very Son of
God Himself, Jesus.  We can anticipate his coming along with his mother Mary
who says, "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord.
May it be done to me according to your word."

I pray that I can see and appreciate God's greatest sign of his love for us,
his only Son Jesus who comes to be born in our hearts.  I pray that I may
bear the Son of God as Mary did, and allow Jesus to work through me to bring
about God's dream of justice and peace!

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Lynn asks for prayers that her husband's test will show nothing wrong.
Debbie asks prayers for her aunt who has inoperable brain cancer and is
expected to live only another year or two. A mother asks for prayers for her
daughter and granddaughter facing personal problems. Matt asks prayers as he
seeks employment.