<MP>Thursday, 18 September 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 20:32:50 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, FOUR from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Joseph of Cupertino (1603-1663)
Joseph is most famous for levitating at prayer.
Already as a child, Joseph showed a fondness for prayer. After a short
career with the Capuchins, he joined the Conventuals. Following a brief
assignment caring for the friary mule, Joseph began his studies for the
priesthood. Though studies were very difficult for him, Joseph gained a
great deal of knowledge from prayer. He was ordained in 1628.  For more,
follow the link below:

For I am the least of the Apostles, not fit to be called an Apostle, because
I persecuted the Church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and
his grace to me has not been ineffective. ~1 Corinthians 15:1-11

You did not anoint my head with oil, but she anointed my feet with ointment.
So I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven; hence, she has shown great
love. But the one to whom little is forgiven, loves little." ~Luke 7:36-50

Paul, because of his former life persecuting Christians, says he is the
least of the Apostles.  Still, the grace of God works through him and
tremendous things are accomplished because of his willingness to turn things
around and use all his energy to build up Christianity. The Pharisees in
today's Gospel are content to use their energy criticizing the sinful woman
and the attention Jesus pays to her. Yet she shows great love, and she is
rewarded with forgiveness. Whatever our lot in life, we are called by God to
use our energy to build up the Kingdom by following God's call.  God can
work wonders through us in our lives.

I pray that I may allow myself to be used as an instrument of God's work.  I
pray that I may not waste my time and energy on things that don't matter,
but immerse myself in living my life according to God's call.