<MP>Thursday, 18 March 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 09:56:03 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
TEN MORE SEATS FROM LA CROSSE!
We had a little distress yesterday, when we ran out of air tickets from La
Crosse.
We expected to have to pay $300-$400 more for additional tickets,
but got 10 AT THE SAME PRICE.  Good news!
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Cyril of Jerusalem (315?-386)
The crises that the Church faces today may seem minor when compared with the
threat posed by the Arian heresy, which denied the divinity of Christ and
almost overcame Christianity in the fourth century. Cyril was to be caught
up in the controversy, accused (later) of Arianism by St. Jerome, and
ultimately vindicated both by the men of his own time and by being declared
a Doctor of the Church in 1822. Raised in Jerusalem, well-educated,
especially in the Scriptures, he was ordained a priest by the bishop of
Jerusalem and given the task of catechizing during Lent those preparing for
Baptism and during the Easter season the newly baptized. His Catecheses
remain valuable as examples of the ritual and theology of the Church in the
mid-fourth century.

For more, follow this link:

They have soon turned aside from the way I pointed out to them, making for
themselves a molten calf and worshiping it,
sacrificing to it and crying out, 'This is your God, O Israel, who brought
you out of the land of Egypt!' ~Exodus 32:7-14

You search the Scriptures, because you think you have eternal life through
them; even they testify on my behalf. But you do not want to come to me to
have life. ~John 5:31-47

We search for meaning in so many ways. People are so easily mislead by false
teaching, fortune tellers and more. Yet God continues to provide meaning in
our lives. During this Holy Season we can turn to God with all our hearts
and find true happiness, hope and salvation.

I pray that I may turn to God with all my heart. I pray that I may find the
happiness, hope and salvation that I seek.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse