<MP>Thursday, 18 February 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 17:15:02 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. If you're
interested visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.

L E N T
Visit my Web Site for all kinds of helpful resources for Lent.  Visit my
"Reconciliation" page for lots of good information about Confession, and
Examination of Conscience and every a clippable "Credit Card to Heaven" with
all the words you'll need for Confession except your sins! Visit the on-line
STATIONS OF THE CROSS too, written for children and adults alike, in English
and in Spanish.  Pray them every day during Lent.  They're prayed more than
50,000 times each Lent.  Just follow the links from:  www.frpat.com

F A C E B B O O K
Become a fan of: Fr. Pat's Morning Prayer and Fr. Pat's This Weekend on
Facebook.  Also our first Fish Fry of the season is this Friday. Become a
fan of: St. Patz Lenten Fish Fries

Blessed John of Fiesole (c. 1400-1455)
The patron of Christian artists was born around 1400 in a village
overlooking Florence. He took up painting as a young boy and studied under
the watchful eye of a local painting master. He joined the Dominicans at
about age 20, taking the name Fra Giovanni. He eventually came to be known
as Fra Angelico, perhaps a tribute to his own angelic qualities or maybe the
devotional tone of his works.

Moses said to the people: "Today I have set before you life and prosperity,
death and doom. If you obey the commandments of the LORD, your God, which I
enjoin on you today, loving him, and walking in his ways, and keeping his
commandments, statutes and decrees, you will live and grow numerous, and the
LORD, your God, will bless you in the land you are entering to occupy.
~Deuteronomy 30:15-20

Then he said to all, "If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny
himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.
For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life
for my sake will save it. What profit is there for one to gain the whole
world yet lose or forfeit himself?" ~Luke 9:22-25

We walk the road with Jesus this Lent, denying ourselves and taking up His
cross and following Him. We choose life too, and obey the commandments He
gave us, "loving him, and walking in his ways, and keeping his
commandments." May God help us this Season as we strive to strengthen our
relationship with Him and those around us.

I pray that I may keep the Lord's Commandments and walk in the footsteps of
Jesus.  I pray that I may choose life and deny myself when I need to.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for the people of Haiti. We pray for great respect for life from
natural conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.