<MP>Thursday, 17 July 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 19:29:20 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** At least 14 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already
been taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

St. Francis Solano (1549-1610)
Francis came from a leading family in Andalusia, Spain. Perhaps it was his
popularity as a student that enabled Francis in his teens to stop two
duelists. He entered the Friars Minor in 1570, and after ordination
enthusiastically sacrificed himself for others. His care for the sick during
an epidemic drew so much admiration that he became embarrassed and asked to
be sent to the African missions. Instead he was sent to South America in
1589.  For more, follow the link below:

The way of the just is smooth; the path of the just you make level. Yes, for
your way and your judgments, O LORD,
we look to you; Your name and your title are the desire of our souls.
~Isaiah 26:7-9, 12, 16-19

Jesus said: "Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give
you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble
of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my
burden light."  ~Matthew 11:28-30

The Lord marks out a path for us to follow.  Even when smoother paths
appear, the Lord's way is right and just. We need not be alone either.
Jesus says, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and
humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves.  For my yoke is
easy, and my burden light.

I pray that I may take the Lord's way, even if it seems more difficult.  I
pray that I may trust in the Lord and allow Him to shoulder the burden with
me.  Right and justice can be the result, and I can help the Lord build a
world of peace!