<MP>Thursday, 17 April 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 21:55:10 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure
is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Benedict Joseph Labre (d. 1783)
Benedict Joseph Labre was truly eccentric, one of God's special little ones.
Born in France and the eldest of 18 children, he studied under his uncle, a
parish priest. Because of poor health and a lack of suitable academic
preparation he was unsuccessful in his attempts to enter the religious life.
Then, at 16 years of age, a profound change took place. Benedict lost his
desire to study and gave up all thoughts of the priesthood, much to the
consternation of his relatives. For more, click the link below:

From this man's descendants God, according to his promise, has brought to
Israel a savior, Jesus. John heralded his coming by proclaiming a baptism of
repentance to all the people of Israel; and as John was completing his
course, he would say, 'What do you suppose that I am? I am not he. ~Acts
13:13-25

When Jesus had washed the disciples' feet, he said to them: "Amen, amen, I
say to you, no slave is greater than his master nor any messenger greater
than the one who sent him. If you understand this, blessed are you if you do
it. ~John 13:16-20

In today's first reading we hear how God was constantly with His people,
without fail. In our Gospel Jesus had just washed the disciples' feet and
said to them: "No slave is greater than his master nor any messenger greater
than the one who sent him.  If you understand this, blessed are you if you
do it."  With great humility we know the Lord's presence with us as we
strive to quietly serve the needs of those around us.

I pray that I may never forget that the Lord is with me, no matter what.  I
pray that, as Jesus washed his disciples' feet, I may quietly serve the
needs of those around me.  I pray that others may grow in their faith
because they see the genuine honesty of mine.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Nancy from PA requests prayers for her niece who is an emotionally and
mentally abusive marriage that she may find the courage and ability to get
out before the lives of her and her children are irrevocably affected. John
asks prayers for his wife who is having open heart surgery Friday. Nyarai
from Zimbabwe asks prayers to purchase a vehicle and that the money she has
saved is enough for all the costs and safe arrival.

A member asks for prayers that his family  and granddaughter's friends have
a safe trip back home to RI. A member asks prayers for a special intention.
Kathy asks for prayers for her friend who just lost her husband of 60 years.
Kathy asks prayers for her friend who is having surgery on Wednesday.

A member of St. Patrick's parish requests prayers for guidance, wisdom, and
courage in discerning what type of business God wants me to start. Mary
requests prayers for a granddaughter who is addicted to drugs and alcohol
that she will admit her problems and agree to treatment. Lynn asks prayers
for her husband who she hurt with unkind words and for God's help with our
financial difficulties and guidance.

Miriam requests prayers for her son to be hired by the school.  Letty asks
prayers for her husband who is suffering from severe neck pain, for her
mother and son who also suffer from bodily pains. Anna prays for Fr. Pat and
may he recover from his eye surgery. Anna wants to thank God for her
sister's new job.

Kathryn asks prayers for upcoming surgery for uterine cancer and also for a
full recovery from severe laryngitis that's left her unable to talk. Monique
asks prayers for a brother who thinks he's agnostic.