<MP>Thursday, 16 October 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 18:58:22 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8

   SEATS HAVE BEEN TICKETED.  Call Pentecost
      Tours for availability:  800 713-9800
   10-22 November 2008

   SINGLE TRAVELERS & NEW MEMBERS ARE MOST WELCOME!

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD)
   and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Marguerite d'Youville (1701-1771)
We learn compassion from allowing our lives to be influenced by
compassionate people, by seeing life from their perspective and
reconsidering our own values. Born in Varennes, Canada, Marie Marguerite
Dufrost de Lajemmerais had to interrupt her schooling at the age of 12 to
help her widowed mother. Eight years later she married Francois d'Youville;
they had six children, four of whom died young. Despite the fact that her
husband gambled, sold liquor illegally to Native Americans and treated her
indifferently, she cared for him compassionately in the two years before his
death in 1730.  For more, follow the link below:

In Christ we have redemption by his Blood, the forgiveness of
transgressions, in accord with the riches of his grace that he lavished upon
us. ~Ephesians 1:1-10

Woe to you, scholars of the law! You have taken away the key of knowledge.
You yourselves did not enter and you stopped those trying to enter." ~Luke
11:47-54

We continue to hear Jesus criticize those in religious and civil authority
for their self-importance and their unwillingness to reach out and help
others. Of course they become hostile toward him, rather than using their
leadership wisely and with compassion. In the Letter to the Ephesians Paul
reminds us of the treasures available to us as we have "redemption by His
Blood, the forgiveness of transgressions, and ... the riches of his grace
that he lavished upon us. Paul calls us to be holy and to help others attain
greater holiness as well.

I pray that I may not be self-important, but that I may reach out with
compassion to help others.  I pray that I may treasure my gifts of
redemption, forgiveness and God's grace and use them to help build up His
Kingdom.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Nancy requests prayers for God's healing powers for her granddaughter who is
having surgery next week. Rebecca M from NJ requests prayers of protection
for a dear friend from college (and his wife and son) who is now a surgeon
heading to Iraq to help heal our wounded troops. Sant asks prayers for a
special intention.

Rob asks prayers of healing for his friend who was in a terrible auto
accident. Pete is requesting prayers for a nephew having a cancerous tumor
removed from his  brain.  Sandra asks prayers for a special intention.

Frieda asks for healing for her daughter who is suffering with colon cancer.
Lisa asks prayers for a good biopsy result on a possible melanoma.