<MP>Thursday, 15 November 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 17:46:47 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

I N    T H E    H O L Y    L A N D

We return from our Holy Land Pilgrimage today.  We're making our way back
from Tel Aviv, JFK in New York and MSP in Minneapolis.  Margie, our Pastoral
Minister will be sending Morning Prayer in my absence. No prayer intentions
will be accepted at this time, since Morning Prayer has already been
prepared. Be assured that we'll remember your intentions in our prayers,
during our Daily Masses and in the many important Churches we'll visit.
Please "Subscribe" and "Unsubscribe" in the way described at the bottom of
this e-mail, since I won't have regular Internet access in the Holy Land.

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,800 in Prizes!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

Saint Albert the Great (1206-1280)
Albert was a 13th Century German Dominica who influenced the stance of the
Church toward Aristotelian philosophy brought to Europe by the spread of
Islam. He excelled as a teacher.  Ordained bishop of Ratisbon, he strove to
establish peace among peoples and between cities.  He wrote brilliantly on
many subjects to the advantage of sacred and secular sciences alike.  He
died in Cologne in 1280.

"For there is nought God loves, be it not one who dwells with Wisdom.  For
she is fairer than the sun and surpasses every constellation of the stars.
Compared to light, she takes precedence; for that, indeed, night supplants,
but wickedness prevails not over Wisdom. Indeed, she reaches from end to end
mightily and governs all things well."  ~ Wisdom 7:22b-8:1

Then he said to his disciples, "The days will come when you will long to see
one of the days of the Son of Many, but you will not see it."  ~ Luke
17:20-25

Some folks are very smart ... but not very wise. Wisdom is a spirit
intelligent, holy, unique and much more. Those who are wise are
instinctively kind to others and produces wonderful friends. Those who are
truly wise are excited about the coming of the fullness of the kingdom of
God, and comfortable not to know when or how it will arrive.

I pray that I may be a person of true wisdom.  I pray that I may build peace
and love as I anticipate the coming of the fullness of God's kingdom,
knowing that I won't be sure how or when it will come.