<MP>Thursday, 15 February 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 20:00:14 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"Yet, O LORD, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter;
we are all the work of your hand."  ~Isaiah 64:8

The world doesn't need super men or women, but super-natural people ...
people who can turn the self out of their lives and let God's power work
through them.  We can let inspiration take the place of aspiration. We can
seek to grow spiritually, rather than to acquire fame and riches. Our chief
ambition can be to be used by God.  God's power is sufficient for all the
spiritual work in the world.  God only needs instruments that are willing to
be used.  God's instruments can remake the world.

I pray that I may be an instrument of God's power.  I pray that I may do my
share in remaking the world.

Nancy from PA asks prayers for herself and her family as they cope with the
death of their beloved daughter Jennifer, 37, who died Saturday and was
buried on Tuesday that their grief may be lightened by the knowledge that
she is at peace and in Heaven among the angels and saints. Marilynn asks
prayers for special intentions. Genny asks prayers for a special intention.

Denise ask prayers for her job interview on Friday, that God give her peace
and the wisdom to interview well, and if it is his will that she will get
the job. Gwen asks prayers for several special intentions. A member requests
prayers for her sons who are in need of guidance.

Jane ask prayers for a friend who has cancer of the pancreas and maybe on
the liver. Molly asks prayers for her Dad who is in intensive care. Nancy
asks prayers for her husband who will have open-heart surgery on Friday
morning.