<MP>Thursday, 15 April 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 19:28:54 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Blessed Caesar de Bus (1544-1607)
Like so many of us, Caesar de Bus struggled with the decision about what to
do with his life. After completing his Jesuit education he had difficulty
settling between a military and a literary career. He wrote some plays but
ultimately settled for life in the army and at court. For a time life was
going rather smoothly for the engaging, well-to-do young Frenchman. He was
confident he had made the right choice. That was until he saw firsthand the
realities of battle, including the St. Bartholomew's Day massacres of French
Protestants in 1572. He fell seriously ill and found himself reviewing his
priorities, including his spiritual life. By the time he had recovered
Caesar had resolved to become a priest. Following his ordination in 1582, he
undertook special pastoral work: teaching the catechism to ordinary people
living in neglected, rural, out-of-the-way places. His efforts were badly
needed and well received.

God exalted him at his right hand as leader and savior to grant Israel
repentance and forgiveness of sins. We are witnesses of these things, as is
the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey him. ~Acts 5:27-33

The Father loves the Son and has given everything over to him. Whoever
believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever disobeys the Son will not
see life, but the wrath of God remains upon him. ~John 3:31-36

The power of the Holy Spirit is *awesome,* and God has given it to those who
obey him. We know how much God loves us, in giving us His Son Jesus.  We can
do what is natural ... obey Jesus ... and we'll have eternal life!

I pray that I may appreciate and use the power of the Holy Spirit.  I pray
that I may always obey Jesus and be grateful for the gift of eternal life!

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Helen-Ann asks prayers for a special intention. Barb requests prayers for
her daughter as she makes a decision on what grad school to attend and for
her son finding a job. Jim asks for prayers concerning his severe depression
and financial problems. Rose asks prayers that her husband get the job he
interviewed for today, if it is God's will.

Bic asks prayers for her abnormal results to be nothing serious. Sharon ask
prayers for her husband who has a brain tumor and is in his last stages of
life, that he may have a peaceful death. Diane asks prayers for her daughter
so that she will care more about school, and that her behavior will become
more respectful and mature.

Lois asks prayers for her daughter in law who is recovering from surgery to
remove a portion of a cancerous kidney. Donna asks prayers for her father-in
-law, that his diabetic foot ulcers will heal quickly so he is able to
resume his chemo for prostate cancer.

Patrick was recently laid off and asks prayers as he looks for a job. Mary
requests prayers for husband that he may find God in his search for
happiness. Leila is asking for prayers for a friend who has cancer and a
mental condition.

We pray for the victims of the mine explosion and natural disasters. We pray
for those receiving Confirmation and First Communion, especially the second
graders in our CCD Program who will receive First Communion this weekend.