<MP>Thursday, 14 May 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 21:00:49 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  We had to add another day, but the price change is minimal.  It looks
like $2899 from La Crosse and $2729 from Chicago or JFK in New York.  So,
now it's easier for our West Coast, Florida and Canadian members to join us
in New York! We've added a stop at Monte Cassino (St. Benedict), added some
time and a night to Sorrento (Dinner on your own) and now have a full free
day in Rome. A new brochure will be on-line sometime tomorrow.  Just follow
the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Isidore the Farmer (1070-1130)
Isidore has become the patron of farmers and rural communities. In
particular he is the patron of Madrid, Spain, and of the United States
National Rural Life Conference.  For more, click here:

Listen, my beloved brothers and sisters. Did not God choose those who are
poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the Kingdom that he
promised to those who love him? But you dishonored the poor. Are not the
rich oppressing you? ~James 2:1-9

And he asked them, "But who do you say that I am?" Peter said to him in
reply, "You are the Christ." Then he warned them not to tell anyone about
him. ~Mark 8:27-33

Those who have more of the world's resources often get more attention and
are given places of honor. We are reminded that God chose the poor in the
world to be rich in faith and heirs of the Kingdom." The cycle continues,
even though those with more resources and power often oppress those with
less.  Jesus reached out to the littlest ones.  He knew he would have to
suffer and die for living His beliefs.  But he continued to do the Father's
work, wherever that would lead him.

I pray that I may not give excessive attention to those with resources and
power.  I pray that I may notice the poor around me and do what I can to
help.  I pray that I may realize that living like Jesus will set me apart
from others.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Alyce asks prayers for the healing of her husband who has been diagnosed
with prostate cancer. Mom ask prayers for daughter who is unemployed that
she will find work and pray that God will put His healing power on her and
take away the spirit of rejection  and depression and fill her with His love
and peace. Dolly asks prayer for 3 special intentions.

Deborah asks for thanksgiving prayer to everyone on the morning prayer list
who prayed for my terminally ill father. He has passed on to be with our
Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, surrounded by his family as we prayed for
him. Vilma asks prayers for her and her family to have a safe trip and be
healthy during the trip to Canada. Clare asks for prayers for someone who is
battling depression and needs Gods light.

Mary Anne asks prayers for a priest who was injured in Iraq, who has been in
the hospital ever since, and now has contracted pneumonia. PJ requests
prayers for his wife and unborn baby that they may have a good check up
today. A member requests full and complete deliverance from a long-term
family trial.  Kathy asks prayers for three people who are very ill. Mariann
requests prayers for a friend, 5 months pregnant, who has been diagnosed
with a rare form of leukemia, that the bone marrow transplant be success and
the mother and baby thrive.