<MP>Thursday, 14 June 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 17:25:04 -0500

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007
Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
We'll renew our Baptismal Promises at the Jordan River, where Jesus was
Baptized by John.  We'll renew our marriage vows and pray for any deceased
husbands and wives at Cana in Galilee where Jesus attended a wedding with
his Mother and turned water into wine.  We'll take a boat ride on the Sea of
Galilee.  We'll even have a chance to visit Masada and to swim in the Dead
Sea. We'll visit the Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem too, and see the Dead Sea
Scrolls.  You'll never read Scripture in the same way after this wonderful
Pilgrimage! Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"You will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will
be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of
the earth."  ~Acts 1:8

God does not withhold God's presence from us.  God does not refuse to reveal
more of God's trust to us.  God does not hold back the spirit from us.  God
does not withhold the strength that we need.  God's presence, God's truth,
God's Spirit, God's strength are always immediately available to us,
whenever we are fully willing to receive them.  But we can block them off by
selfishness, intellectual pride, fear, greed and materialism. We can try to
get rid of these blocks and let God's spirit flow in.

I pray that I may remove all blocks that are keeping me from God. I pray
that I may let God come into my life with power.

Jo Ann asks for prayers to heal her daughter's marriage. Mary asks prayers
for her daughter and son-in-law that he find good and lasting employment and
that the Holy Family send blessings and help to this very strained marriage
relationship. A member asks prayers for her sister and her children who
through no fault of her own is going through a very difficult divorce.

Karen asks prayers for her son and his bride as they start a new life
together this Saturday. Leila is asking for prayers for her sister-in-law,
who has cancer and it has spread to the brain and also for her
granddaughter, that she might find a job. Alphones asks prayers for her son
who has taken up 2nd semester BE Examination during June-July 2007.

Pauline asks prayers for her husband who wants a divorce because he doesn't
want to be responsible for a family anymore. Conrad ask prayers for a job
and to help his financial problems.