<MP>Thursday, 14 February 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:22:23 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

S U R G E R Y    T O D A Y
Thanks so much for your prayers as I had further eye surgery today.  It is
much more painful this time, but being managed by Tylenol.  Some sleep
should help too.  Keep me in your prayers as I head to Mayo Clinic in
Rochester in Rochester tomorrow to have the patch removed, since we're
expecting heavy snow.

V A L E N T I N E ' S    D A Y

I found a group of Valentines dating from 1848-1921.  They were sent from
the Blair/Arcadia area.  I scanned them , along with some of the written
messages inside.  Come and see this treasure. The message from one of the
1848 Valentines is included at the bottom of this e-mail.  Visit our Web
Site for our Valentine's Day Page.  I've included some good links, including
the History of Valentine's Day, Saint Valentine, and a *wonderful* story ...
"The Beautiful Heart." Use the easy on-line referral form too, to recommend
this page to family members and friends.  Learn more about Devotion to the
Sacred Heart of Jesus as well. Just follow the banner link from:
http://frpat.com/

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the
Stations every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

Sts. Cyril and Methodius (d. 869; d. 884)
Because their father was an officer in a part of Greece inhabited by many
Slavs, these two Greek brothers ultimately became missionaries, teachers and
patrons of the Slavic peoples. After a brilliant course of studies, Cyril
(called Constantine until he became a monk shortly before his death) refused
the governorship of a district such as his brother had accepted among the
Slavic-speaking population. He withdrew to a monastery where his brother
Methodius had become a monk after some years in a governmental post. For
more about these Saints, click the link below:

As a child I used to hear from the books of my forefathers that you, O LORD,
always free those who are pleasing to you. Now help me, who am alone and
have no one but you, O LORD, my God. Esther C:12, 14-16, 23-25

"Do to others whatever you would have them do to you. This is the law and
the prophets." ~ Matthew 7:7-12

As God's children we strive to live lives pleasing to Him.  We know that He
is always with us to protect us, guide us and free us. And we know that God
says, "Do to others whatever you would have them do to you. This is the law
and the prophets."

I pray that I may always remember that I am a child of God, loved as much
now as when I was an innocent little child.  I pray that I may please God,
trust in his protection and guidance, and strive to "Do others" whatever I
would have them do to me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Berta asks prayers for her priests who is being treated unfairly by a group
of parishioners. Juanita asks prayers for her personal intentions. Leslie
asks for prayers for a couple and their baby boy due in May, the baby will
need very serious heart surgery after he is born.

Marie asks prayers of thanksgiving for answered prayers on behalf of her
son. Lisa asks for prayers for husband for a special intention and for her
father who passed away two weeks ago from cancer.