<MP>Thursday, 13 March 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 23:21:45 -0500 (CDT)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21
November 2008.

$2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure is
available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
In English and Spanish, for children and adults alike!
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

St. Leander of Seville (c. 550-600)
The next time you recite the Nicene Creed at Mass, think of today?s saint.
For it was Leander of Seville who, as bishop, introduced the practice in
the sixth century. He saw it as a way to help reinforce the faith of his
people and as an antidote against the heresy of Arianism, which denied the
divinity of Christ. By the end of his life, Leander had helped
Christianity flourish in Spain at a time of political and religious
upheaval. For more, follow the link below:

When Abram prostrated himself, God spoke to him: ?My covenant with you is
this: you are to become the father of a host of nations. No longer shall
you be called Abram; your name shall be Abraham, for I am making you the
father of a host of nations. ~ Genesis 17:3-9

Jesus said to the Jews: ?Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever keeps my word
will never see death.?  ~ John 8:51-59

Abram and his wife yearaned for a child their whole life long.  God
promises that he will become the father of a host of nations. His name is
changed to Abraham. His wildest dreams come true. Abraham does what he
requests from us when he says, "Whoever keeps my word will never see
death."

I pray that I may never stop believing that God will answer my most
fervent prayers.  I pray that I may be a willing follower by following
Jesus words.  I pray that I may unite myself with God's people as we
strive together to do Jesus' work in the world we live in.