<MP>Thursday, 13 December 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:34:32 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,755 in Prizes!  A winner every day all year!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

A D V E N T    P A G E S
Our Advent Pages are up and running ... from links to alternative Christmas
gifts to much more.  Just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Lucy (d. 304)
Every little girl named Lucy must bite her tongue in disappointment when she
first tries to find out what there is to know about her patron saint. The
older books will have a lengthy paragraph detailing a small number of
traditions. Newer books will have a lengthy paragraph showing that there is
little basis in history for these traditions. The single fact survives that
a disappointed suitor accused Lucy of being a Christian and she was executed
in Syracuse (Sicily) in the year 304. But it is also true that her name is
mentioned in the First Eucharistic Prayer, geographical places are named
after her, a popular song has her name as its title and down through the
centuries many thousands of little girls have been proud of the name Lucy.
For more, click the link below:

I will set in the wasteland the cypress, together with the plane tree and
the pine, That all may see and know, observe and understand, That the hand
of the LORD has done this, the Holy One of Israel has created it.  ~Isaiah
41:13-20

Jesus said to the crowds: "Amen, I say to you, among those born of women
there has been none greater than John the Baptist; yet the least in the
Kingdom of heaven is greater than he."  ~Matthew 11:11-15

Isaiah continues to dream of peace and plenty.  He knows that it is by the
hand of the Lord that things will get better.  John the Baptist calls people
to repentance too, knowing full-well that his only job is to point the way
to Jesus. In our lives we can trust God as well, and point the way to Jesus
whenever we have a chance to do so.

I pray that I may continue to hope in God, knowing that justice and peace
can come about through the Lord's hand.  I pray that I may be an instrument
of God's work in the world, helping to accomplish the things God would like
to have done.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A mom requests prayers for her son and his family who have been having
financial problems and are relocating the end of the month to be closer to
family for emotional support. Antoinette asks prayers for a special
intention. Connie asks prayers for her church choir who is presenting a
Christmas Concert this Sunday, that they sing well and bring the true spirit
of Christmas to the congregation.

Helen-Ann asks prayers for a special intention. Bettye asks prayers for her
daughter and her five children who will be flying this weekend and that the
family has a wonderful time together. Sue gives prayers of thanks to God for
taking her mother-in-law into His Kingdom without causing her to suffer.
Lynne asks prayers for her grandma who is getting a stent on Thursday 12/13.

Marlo asks prayers for her mother who has colon cancer, may her next CT scan
show that her liver is free of mets and may she eventually live a cancer
free life. A member requests prayers that God enlighten and strengthen her
from being self destructive and allowing to be abused by someone. Susan asks
prayers for her step-daughter who has no faith in God and is going through a
personal and financial crisis.  Conchita asks prayers for a special
intention.