<MP>Thursday, 12 April 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 18:44:37 -0500

H O L Y    L A N D    2 0 0 7
04-15 November.  The brochure is now on line!
$2599 from Minneapolis, $2499 from JFK in New York

This Holy Week you'll hear many places in the Holy Land mentioned in the
Scriptures.  We'll visit most if not all of them on our November Pilgrimage
to the Holy Land. Visit my Web Site for complete details.  You can sign up
any time now, and we expect this one to fill up quickly. Gary says the Holy
Land has been their most popular destination!  Why not sign up on Holy Week.

And, if you sign up, let me know so I can keep track of the group! Just
follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"I call upon you, for you will answer me, O God; incline your ear to me,
hear my words.  Wondrously show your steadfast love, O savior of those who
seek refuge from their adversaries at your right hand. Guard me as the apple
of the eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings."
~Psalm 17:6-8

Our need can be God's opportunity.  First we can recognize our need.
Often this means helplessness before some weakness or sickness and an
admission of our need for help.  Next can come faith in the power of God's
spirit, available to us to meet that need.  Before any need is met, our
faith can find expression.  That expression of faith is all God needs to
manifest God's power in our lives.  Faith can be the key that unlocks the
storehouse of God's resources.

I pray that I may first admit my needs. I pray that then I may have faith
that God will meet those needs, in the way which is best for me.