<MP>Thursday, 11 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 19:38:11 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

If you enjoy Morning Prayer, why not forward a copy to family members and
friends. Morning Prayer provides a short reflection and a concrete way to
apply Scriptures to our lives, and uses the Scriptures and Saint for the
Mass of the Day. Clergy too, appreciate the simple ideas found in both
Morning Prayer and This Weekend. Learn more by following the banner link
from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Angela Truszkowska  (1825-1899)

She was born in central Poland and contracted Tuberculosis as a girl.  She
was drawn to working with the poor, including street children in Warsaw's
slums. Her cousin joined in her work and the two made private vows and
consecrated themselves to the Blessed Mother. Their congregation grew and
they formed the Felician Sisters. Angela was Superior until health forced
her to resign at age 44.  The Order expanded to the United States where her
Sisters worked among the children of Polish immigrants.  John Paul II
Beatified her in 1993.

"But for you who fear my name, there will arise the sun of justice with its
healing rays."  ~Malachi 3:13-20b

"Blessed are they who hope in the Lord."  ~Psalm 1

"I tell you, if he does not get up to give him the loaves because of their
friendship, he will get up to give him whatever he needs because of his
persistence."  ~Luke 11:5-13

God shows us His goodness in so many ways. God has compassion on us as "a
man has compassion on his son who serves him." God gives us all we need.
"For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the
one who knocks, the door will be opened."

I pray that I may trust in the Lord's providence. I pray that, as God
listens and provides for us, I may listen and provide for the needs of those
around me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Marilynn requests prayers for her mother who has difficulty breathing. Dolly
asks prayer for a friend to have a favorable result in her visit with
oncologist on October 17th. Father Pat asks prayers as he goes to Mayo
Clinic to have the bleeding in his eye checked today. Please join St.
Therese "Little Flower" and St. Anthony pray that Fr. Pat's eye problem goes
away and will never come back. Also, that  the fall festival will be a great
success!

Agnes asks for prayers for a friend who has been trying to get Social
Security benefits for 3 years. Ann asks prayers for a cousin, who is
suffering with a Precancerous Esophageal problem. Mary requests prayers for
her nephew who has OCD, needs medication and strength to perform his job.
Bill asks for prayers for his sister who is not responding to care and is
very weak.

Charles asks prayers for a special intention. A member requests special
prayers for a problem experienced for almost 2 decades-that she may be able
to have total & complete control on her bladder and to be able to end the
connected fantasying sexual thoughts. Marilyn asks prayers that her children
will return to the practice of the faith.

Letty asks prayer for her husband who is in the hospital with heart problem.
Chris asks prayers for Father Pat, for continued healing in his eye and also
prayers of the wonderful graces he has provided for so many with this
awesome website.