<MP>Thursday, 11 March 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 22:43:58 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P A R I S H    M I S S I O N
Fr. Jim Marchionda, OP - S. Annie Willits, OP, 13-17 March 2010
Join us if you can, for our 2010 Lenten Mission.  It starts with preaching
at this weekend's Masses.  Then there will be presentations at morning
Masses at 8 a.m. Monday and 8:30 on Tuesday and Wednesday. Evening
sessions are at 7 p.m. Monday-Wednesday. Fr. Jim is a noted musician,
composer and conductor. Our Mission will feature Fr. Jim's compositions.
The last night will feature music, prayer, and Fr. Jim on jazz clarinet
and saxopone.  There's more information on our Parish Web Site,
www.stpatz.com. Or, become a fan of St. Patz Lenten Mission on Facebook.

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
THIRTEEN SEATS FROM LA CROSSE REMAIN
18-28 October 2010 - Map of trip is now at the Web Site
BROCHURE & SIGN-UP SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
now been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18
or fewer seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my
Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. John Ogilvie (c. 1579-1615)
John Ogilvie's noble Scottish family was partly Catholic and partly
Presbyterian. His father raised him as a Calvinist, sending him to the
continent to be educated. There John became interested in the popular
debates going on between Catholic and Calvinist scholars. Confused by the
arguments of Catholic scholars whom he sought out, he turned to Scripture.
Two texts particularly struck him: "God wills all men to be saved and come
to the knowledge of the truth," and "Come to me all you who are weary and
find life burdensome, and I will refresh you." Slowly, John came to see
that the Catholic Church could embrace all kinds of people. Among these,
he noted, were many martyrs. He decided to become Catholic and was
received into the Church at Louvain, Belgium, in 1596 at the age of 17.

But they obeyed not, nor did they pay heed. They walked in the hardness of
their evil hearts and turned their backs, not their faces, to me.
~Jeremiah 7:23-28

Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me
scatters.? ~Luke 11:14-23

Obedience or disobedience? When we follow God's way, everything is better.
 When we venture out in our own direction though, things don't turn out
very well for us or for others. May we turn our vaces to the Lord and
follow His way!

I pray that I may follow turn my face toward God. I pray the I may follow
the way the Lord has marked out for me.

Haiti and Chile. We pray for great respect for life from natural
conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.