<MP>Thursday, 11 February 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 19:35:12 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
18-28 October 2010 - Map of trip is now at the Web Site
BROCHURE & SIGN-UP SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
now been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. If
you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.

F A C E B B O O K
Become a fan of: Fr. Pat's Morning Prayer and Fr. Pat's This Weekend on
Facebook.

Our Lady of Lourdes
On December 8, 1854, Pope Pius IX proclaimed the dogma of the Immaculate
Conception in the apostolic constitution Ineffabilis Deus. A little more
than three years later, on February 11, 1858, a young lady appeared to
Bernadette Soubirous. This began a series of visions. During the
apparition on March 25, the lady identified herself with the words: ?I am
the Immaculate Conception.? Bernadette was a sickly child of poor parents.
Their practice of the Catholic faith was scarcely more than lukewarm.
Bernadette could pray the Our Father, the Hail Mary and the Creed. She
also knew the prayer of the Miraculous Medal: ?O Mary conceived without
sin.?

Remember us, O Lord, as you favor your people. ~Psalm 106

The woman was a Greek, a Syrophoenician by birth, and she begged him to
drive the demon out of her daughter. He said to her, ?Let the children be
fed first. For it is not right to take the food of the children and throw
it to the dogs.? She replied and said to him, ?Lord, even the dogs under
the table eat the children?s scraps.? ~Mark 7:24-30

Jesus accepted the faith of the Syrophoenician woman. He healed her
daughter and she was whole. There is nothing God cannot do. We can have
faith in His love and His healing power.  We can know that God is with us
always, we are never alone.

I pray that I may trust in God.  I pray that I may know God's healing in
my life and that I remember that I am never alone.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for the people of Haiti. We pray for great respect for life from
natural conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.