<MP>Thursday, 11 December 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 21:45:09 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

M Y    S T E M    C E L L    T R A N S P L A N T
They finished collecting Stem Cells yesterday.  I'll receive massive Chemo
on Sunday and Monday, then the Transplant on Tuesday.  Then I'll live at the
Transplant House in Rochester, MN for 3-4 weeks. Visit my Web Site for a
complete description. Contact and e-mail information is there. Just follow
the front page link from:  www.frpat.com Visit my Blog too, for daily
updates: www.frpat.com/mayoblog

.=:  A D V E N T     P A G E S  :=.

Our Advent Pages are up and running. There are special pages for Saint
Nicholas (December 6), Our Lady of Guadalupe, Juan Diego and more.  There
are Advent resources and special blessings for Advent, our Nativity Scene,
Christmas Tree, Advent Wreath and more.  There are resources for
Reconciliation available in both English and Spanish. Visit our Web Site and
click the banner link from: www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

Blessed Adolph Kolping (1813-1865)
The rise of the factory system in 19th-century Germany brought many single
men into cities where they faced new challenges to their faith. Father
Adolph Kolping began a ministry to them, hoping that they would not be lost
to the Catholic faith as was happening to workers elsewhere in
industrialized Europe.  For more, follow the link below:

I am the LORD, your God, who grasp your right hand; It is I who say to you,
"Fear not, I will help you." ~Isaiah 41:13-20

Jesus said to the crowds: "Amen, I say to you, among those born of women
there has been none greater than John the Baptist; yet the least in the
Kingdom of heaven is greater than he. ~Matthew 11:11-15

"The least in the Kingdom of heaven is greater than he."  So often we rank
ourselves very low.  We see John the Baptist and the other Saints as being
far superior to ourselves.  Still, we are called to live saintly lives. Our
mission and call are even greater in our day and time. And we're not alone.
As God says, "I am the LORD, your God, who grasp your right hand; It is I
who say to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.'"

I pray that I may realize that my mission is and exalted one.  I pray that I
may know that I am not alone.  I pray that I may prepare the way of the
Lord, and like  John the Baptist, help others to do the same!