<MP>Thursday, 10 September 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 17:12:42 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Thomas of Villanova (1488-1555)
St. Thomas was from Castile in Spain and received his surname from the town
where he was raised. He received a superior education at the University of
Alcala and became a popular professor of philosophy there.
After joining the Augustinian friars at Salamanca he was ordained and
resumed his teaching, despite a continuing absentmindedness and poor memory.
He became prior and then provincial of the friars, sending the first
Augustinians to the New World. He was nominated by the emperor to the
archbishopric of Granada, but refused. When the see again became vacant he
was pressured to accept. The money his cathedral chapter gave him to furnish
his house was given to a hospital instead. His explanation to them was that
"our Lord will be better served by your money being spent on the poor in the
hospital. What does a poor friar like myself want with furniture?"  For
more, follow the link below:

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, as in all wisdom you teach and
admonish one another, singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with
gratitude in your hearts to God. ~Colossians 3:12-17

Stop judging and you will not be judged. Stop condemning and you will not be
condemned. ~Luke 6:27-38

When Christ dwells in us, it's amazing how serene and peaceful our hearts
can be.  We can even take setbacks and disappointments in stride.  But we
can be prone to judgment of others.  Jesus reminds us in Luke's Gospel that
we should stop judging and we will not be judged.  We're called to be
merciful as our Father is merciful.

I pray that I may allow the word of Christ to dwell in me.  I pray that I
may not be judgmental, but merciful.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Debbie asks for prayers for trust in her marriage to be restored. Eileen
asks prayers for someone who is ill and the doctors don't know how to help
her. Joanne asks for prayers for her brother who is stressed about finances
and needs to put himself first.

A member requests prayers for a young man who has been diagnosed with ALS,
that he may receive a miracle and be healed. Neil requests prayers for a
safe trip for his daughter who is scheduled to travel to New Jersey on
September 10. Lynn asks prayers for her brother and sister-in-law to make
the right decision about my brother having another surgery.

Jeannine requests prayers for her friend whose baby is going in for surgery
to repair his hand due to a birth defect. Ken asks prayers for his son, that
he may find his way to a new job.