<MP>Thursday, 10 July 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 20:36:19 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** 14 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

St. Veronica Giuliani (1660-1727)
Veronica's desire to be like Christ crucified was answered with the
stigmata.
Veronica was born in Mercatelli. It is said that when her mother Benedetta
was dying she called her five daughters to her bedside and entrusted each of
them to one of the five wounds of Jesus. Veronica was entrusted to the wound
below Christ's heart.  For more, follow the link below:

The more I called them, the farther they went from me, Sacrificing to the
Baals and burning incense to idols. ~Hosea 11:1-4, 8e-9

Without cost you have received; without cost you are to give. Do not take
gold or silver or copper for your belts;
no sack for the journey, or a second tunic, or sandals, or walking stick.
The laborer deserves his keep. Whatever town or village you enter, look for
a worthy person in it, and stay there until you leave. ~Matthew 10:7-15

God is totally and eternally loyal to us.  Still, when we are called, we can
turn away.  As Jesus sends out His disciples He tells them to live with
simple integrity, not taking unnecessary baggage and relying on the
generosity of those they visit. He knows how easy it is for people to
criticize, and wants them to offer without cost the treasure of faith they
heave received, also without cost.

I pray that I may not get ensnared with worldly things.  I pray that I may
appreciate the free gift of faith and love I have been given, and that I may
gratefully offer it to still others without expecting anything at all in
return.  I pray that God's Kingdom may grow on the strength of the example
of my life to those around me.