<MP>Thursday, 10 December 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 16:41:40 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

In 2004 I led a wonderful Pilgrimage to Ireland, the Emerald Isle. I spoke
with Gary from Pentecost Tours, and he's putting together a
Pilgrimage to Ireland for the Fall of 2010 .... probably in October. Keep
it in the back of your mind ... or start saving your nickels. I'll let you
know when firm dates and other information is available. For now, let's
pray for the success of this wonderful Pilgrimage! If you're interested
visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580. No
more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out,
just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Adolph Kolping (1813-1865)
The rise of the factory system in 19th-century Germany brought many single
men into cities where they faced new challenges to their faith. Father
Adolph Kolping began a ministry to them, hoping that they would not be
lost to the Catholic faith as was happening to workers elsewhere in
industrialized Europe. Born in the village of Kerpen, Adolph became a
shoemaker at an early age because of his family?s economic situation.
Ordained in 1845, he ministered to young workers in Cologne, establishing
a choir, which by 1849 had grown into the Young Workmen?s Society. A
branch of this began in St. Louis, Missouri, in 1856. Nine years later
there were over 400 Gesellenvereine (workman?s societies) around the
world. Today this group has over 400,000 members in 54 countries across
the globe.

 For more, follow the link below:

I am the LORD, your God, who grasp your right hand; It is I who say to
you, ?Fear not, I will help you.? Fear not, O worm Jacob, O maggot Israel;
I will help you, says the LORD; your redeemer is the Holy One of Israel.
~Isaiah 41:13-20

Jesus said to the crowds: ?Amen, I say to you, among those born of women
there has been none greater than John the Baptist; yet the least in the
Kingdom of heaven is greater than he. ~Matthew 11:11-15

In today's first reading the Lord speaks in terms of endearment and tells
us not to fear, that He will help us. In the Gospel He tells us that the
least in the Kingdom of heaven is greater than John the Baptist.  We can
relax in His protection and be challenged by our exalted position.  God is
with us always to protect and help us.  We are called to do His will.

I pray that I may rely on the Lord's help.  I pray that I may not fear,
but that I may follow the Lord's call to do His will in my life.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!