<MP>Thursday, 10 April 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 19:28:03 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure
is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Magdalen of Canossa (1774-1835)
Wealth and privilege did nothing to prevent today's saint from following her
calling to serve Christ in the poor. Nor did the protests of her relatives,
concerned that such work was beneath her. For more, click the link below:

As they traveled along the road they came to some water, and the eunuch
said, "Look, there is water. What is to prevent my being baptized?" Then he
ordered the chariot to stop, and Philip and the eunuch both went down into
the water, and he baptized him. ~ Acts 8:26-40

"I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread
will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my Flesh for the life
of the world."  ~ John 6:44-51

The Church grows by leaps and bounds in the time after Jesus' Resurrection.
In today's First Reading an Ethiopian eunuch comes to faith on a chariot
ride with Philip.  He is Baptized right there.  Jesus encourages his
followers in the Gospel, saying, "I am the living bread that came down from
heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will
give is my Flesh for the life of the world." We can come to deeper faith as
well, and cherish the eternal life Jesus offers us.

I pray that I may grow in faith through a renewed understanding of the
Resurrection of Jesus.  I pray that I may receive the Body and Blood of
Christ and look forward to eternal life! Valerie requests prayers for her
sister who has been diagnosed with lung cancer.

A member requests prayers for successful eye surgery for Fr. Pat, that the
doctors will be blessed and that Fr. Pat will have a speedy and easy
recovery. Pat asks prayers of thanksgiving and praise for pregnancy
daughter's favorable sono. Anne asks for prayers for Fr  Pat's eye surgery
and for my mother Teresa that she will regain her health and function.

Loretta asks prayers that God will be with Father Pat during his surgery.
Anna-Maria from Australia requests prayers for the speedy recovery of Father
Pat from eye surgery. May the Lord bless the surgeons who operate upon him
and guide them in their work. She also requests prayers of Thanksgiving for
blessings received.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Gen asks prayers for a good outcome to Father Pat's eye surgery. Thank you
Fr. Pat for starting my day each morning, you are a true person of God.  We
all wish you the best and trust in God that all will go well with your eye
surgery.