<MP>Thursday, 09 August 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 17:15:32 -0500

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
WE HAVE MET OUR GOAL OF 36 TRAVELERS.

Land only price (meet us in the Holy Land) is $1926.
All but 4 seats must be surrendered to the airlines after August 27th.

The brochure and full information, including hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

If you will be joining us, let me know as soon as you can so I can keep
track of the group!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Jesus straightened up and said to her, 'Woman, where are they? Has no one
condemned you?'  She said, 'No one, sir.'   And Jesus said, 'Neither do I
condemn you. Go your way, and from now on do not sin again.'" ~John 8:10-11

We can ask God in daily prayer to give us the strength to change. When we
ask God to change us, we can at the same time fully trust God. If we do not
fully trust God, God cannot help until we are a ready. A rescuer finds it
difficult to help a drowning person who is putting up too much of a
struggle.  The person's futile efforts render them more helpless, until he
or she is wholly at the rescuer's mercy.  Just so must we be wholly at God's
mercy before we can be rescued.

I pray that I may be daily willing to be changed.  I pray that I may put
myself wholly at the mercy of God.

Mary Ann asks prayers for niece, a new mom who has been diagnoses with an
aggressive breast cancer. Karen asks for prayers for her mother-in-law who
is having a complicated lung surgery tomorrow, that God bring her peace and
guide the surgeons hands. Angelina asks prayers for successful and smooth
chemo.

Gail who would like prayers for a young boy who is only nine years old in a
car accident remains in a coma, that he may come true it. A grandmother asks
prayers that her granddaughter may stop drinking. Mary, a friend and a
relative, requests prayers for  2 friends and 2 relatives, who are fighting
various stages of cancer and treatments.

Mary, a worried Mom, requests prayers for her daughter, who is in a bad
marriage, and needs God back in her materialistic life values. Marian asks
prayers for a special intention. Lisa asks for prayers for her Mother who is
battling cancer and has pain that prevents her from eating.

JP asks prayers for a special intention. Sharon asks for prayer for her
husband who is very angry most of the time. Frieda asks prayers for a cure
for her husband's prostate cancer. Barb asks prayers for her daughter who is
fighting bulimia;  her son who is dealing with chronic depression and other
health issues: and for herself, for successful surgery and a good outcome
from the biopsies.

Pauline asks prayers of thanksgiving for members who pray for one another.
Lynn asks prayers for her mother who is having a lung biopsy on Thursday
morning. Holly asks prayers for her mother who has skin cancer. A member
requests prayers for someone who has eye allergies or other related eye
problems.