<MP>Thursday, 08 October 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 20:13:56 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. John Leonardi (1541?-1609)
"I am only one person! Why should I do anything? What good would it do?"
Today, as in any age, people seem plagued with the dilemma of getting
involved. In his own way John Leonardi answered these questions. He chose to
become a priest.
After his ordination, he became very active in the works of the ministry,
especially in hospitals and prisons. The example and dedication of his work
attracted several young laymen who began to assist him. They later became
priests themselves.   For more, follow the link below:

But for you who fear my name, there will arise the sun of justice with its
healing rays. ~Malachi 3:13-20b

If you then, who are wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more will the Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who
ask him?" ~Luke 11:5-13

We're called to be persistent ... in our work, in our faith, in our prayer.
We know that God is with us and that He will give us what we need.  We can
strengthen our relationship with Him through prayer and trust that He will
provide for us.

I pray that I may be persistent.  I pray that I may trust in God and the
fact that He is with me and will provide for me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Mary requests prayers for her daughter who is suffering signs of rejection
of a transplanted kidney and wisdom for her doctors. Irene asks prayers for
a special intention. Helen-Ann asks prayers for a special intention.

Rich ask that the Holy Spirit  reveal himself to his wife, bringing her back
to God , Church, and five children as she has pushed for Divorce. Tina asks
prayers for five special intentions. Joan asks prayers for a special
intention.

Tammy who seeks prayers for finances to ease the struggle to provide for her
children and herself to pray for a co-worker who is was involved in a car
accident who is struggling for his life. Deb asks prayers for her son who is
desperately trying to figure out what his next step in life will be. Sheryl
asks prayers for her mother-in-law who was just diagnosed with pancreatic
cancer.