<MP>Thursday, 08 November 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 20:16:31 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

P A S T O R A L    P L A N N I N G

The priests of our Diocese will gather with our Bishop to discuss Pastoral
Planning this Thursday and Friday. Keep us in your prayers!  Because I'll be
out of town, I'll send Morning Prayer for Friday before I leave on Thursday
... so expect it to be early tomorrow!

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,800 in Prizes!

2007 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2007.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the link from:

       www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"I do not call you servants any longer, because the servant does not know
what the master is doing; but I have called you friends, because I have made
known to you everything that I have heard from my Father." ~John 15:15

We can think of God as a great friend and try to realize the wonder of that
friendship.  When we give God not only worship, obedience and allegiance,
but also close companionship, God becomes our friend even as we are God's
friends.  We can feel that God is working with us. God can do things for us
and we can do things for God.  Our prayers become more real to us when we
feel that God counts on our friendship and we count on God's.

I pray that I may think of God as my friend.  I pray that I may feel that I
am working for God and with God.

A mother asks prayers for her daughter who is having difficulty in a bad
relationship. G. asks prayers for the needs of three people. A member asks
prayers for two local families who have suffered extreme loss.

A mother asks for prayers for her daughter who is going to court on 11/13 in
Arizona for a forgery charge that she'll receive probation (1st offense) so
that she can help her father who has terminal cancer. Nancy asks prays for
someone who needs to grow in self esteem and maturity so that she may find
real happiness. A member prays for her sister and brother-in-law struggling
with many health and family problems.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm