<MP>Thursday, 07 September 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 20:29:45 -0500

G O I N G    T O    B O S T O N

I'll be in Boston from 08-12 September for medical tests.  My eye cancer was
treated at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary ten years ago and I go back
for annual checkups.  In my absence Margie, our Pastoral Minister, will send
Morning Prayer.  Individual intentions will not appear during that time
because prayers will be prepared in advance.  Let's pray for one another's
intentions during that time.  I'll remember you and your intentions as I
visit the many Churches of Boston!

B A C K    T O    S C H O O L

Our School starts on September 5th.  This coming weekend we'll bless all
students, teachers, bus drivers, administrators, custodians, lunch room
workers, aides, university presidents, etc.  Visit the Web Site for a parish
blessing and also an individual blessing parents can pray with their
children on the first day of school, and every day if they wish.  I also
include plenty of good links for parents, children and teens.  Just follow
the link from:

     From Father Pat Umberger

"But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
to tell of all your works."  ~Psalm 73:28

"God is our refuge and underneath are God's everlasting arms." Sheltering
arms express the loving protection of God's spirit.  In our troubles and
difficulties, we need nothing so much as a refuge, a place to relax where we
can lay down our burdens and get relief from our cares.  We can say to
ourselves: "God is my refuge."  We can say it until its truth sinks into our
very souls.  We can say it until we know it and are sure of it.  Nothing can
seriously upset us or make us afraid, if God truly is our refuge.

I pray that I may go each day to God as a refuge until fear goes and peace
and security come.  I pray that I may feel deeply secure in the haven of
God's spirit.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm