<MP>Thursday, 07 June 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 22:22:25 -0500

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007
Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
We'll renew our Baptismal Promises at the Jordan River, where Jesus was
Baptized by John.  We'll renew our marriage vows and pray for any deceased
husbands and wives at Cana in Galilee where Jesus attended a wedding with
his Mother and turned water into wine.  We'll take a boat ride on the Sea of
Galilee.  We'll even have a chance to visit Masada and to swim in the Dead
Sea. We'll visit the Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem too, and see the Dead Sea
Scrolls.  You'll never read Scripture in the same way after this wonderful
Pilgrimage! Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually." ~Psalm
105:4

Not only can we live a new life, but we can also grow in grace and power and
beauty.  We can reach ever forward and upward after the things of the
spirit.  In the animal world, the very form of an animal changes to enable
it to reach that upon which it delights to feed. our whole character changes
as we reach upward for the things of the spirit--for beauty, for love, for
honesty, for purity, and for unselfishness. Reaching after these things of
the spirit, our whole nature can become changed so that we can best receive
and delight in the wonders of the abundant life.

I pray that I may reach forward and upward.  I pray that my character may be
changed by this reaching upward for the things of the spirit.

Grandfather requests prayers for granddaughter having heart problems
carrying her first baby. Sue asks for prayers to overcome an anxiety
disorder and current physical distress. Marie asks for prayers for her son
who is facing legal problems, that they may be resolved in a positive manner
so he can get on with his life.

Joanne asks for prayers for her family's medical and financial problems.
Suzanne asks prayers for a special intention.  Amy asks for a special
intention. Tom who is asking for prayers to pray to God each day. Janet asks
prayers for her 19 year old daughter who is addicted to drugs & alcohol.

Jennifer asks prayers for a special intention. Brenda requests prayers for
her father who is being treated for cancer. Sherry requests prayers for the
mom of one of our soldiers in Iraq, who has stage 4 cancer. Marilyn asks
prayers for a special intention. Julie asks prayers for her daughter who was
diagnosed with cancer today. Please pray for students and teachers as they
begin summer vacation.