<MP>Thursday, 07 December 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 20:22:25 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

A D V E N T    P A G E

Visit my Advent Page for alternative Christmas gifts, Advent ideas, prayers
and blessings, Reconciliation resources and much more.  There are pages for
Saint Juan Diego (December 9) and Our Lady of Guadalupe (December 12) as
well! Just follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,800 in Prizes!

2007 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2007.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

'"It is written, 'One does not live by bread alone, but by every word that
comes from the mouth of God.'"  ~Matthew 4:4

It is in the union of a soul with God that strength, new life, and spiritual
power come.  Bread can sustain the body but we cannot live by bread alone.
To try to do the will of God is the meat and support of true living.  We can
feed on that spiritual food.  Soul starvation can come from failing to do
so.  The world talks about bodies that are undernourished.  What of the
souls that are undernourished?  Strength and peace come from partaking of
spiritual food.

I pray that I may not try to live by bread alone.  I pray that my spirit may
live by trying to do the will of God.

Uncle Bill asks for prayers for his niece who is being treated from cancer.
Joan asks prayers that her son will receive positive news on the job for
which he has been interviewing. Nancy requests prayers for her newly
graduated son that his career path and decisions made will be guided by God.

Cherie ask prayers for her Mother who is in the hospital, that they find her
problem and that she can be healed. Brian asks for prayer support for the
daughter of a friend who is pregnant with Twins, that she have a safe
delivery and that mother and twins are healthy. A member asks for prayers
for a 3-year old boy who has a malignant lump on his leg, that the surgery
be successful and that his leg may be saved.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm