<MP>Thursday, 07 August 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 22:25:02 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK)
   *** At least 18 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already
been taken.
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Cajetan (1480-1557)
Like most of us, Cajetan seemed headed for an "ordinary" life-first as a
lawyer, then as a priest engaged in the work of the Roman Curia.
His life took a characteristic turn when he joined the Oratory of Divine
Love in Rome, a group devoted to piety and charity, shortly after his
ordination at 36. When he was 42 he founded a hospital for incurables at
Venice. At Vicenza, he entered a "disreputable" religious community that
consisted only of men of the lowest stations of life-and was roundly
censured by his friends, who thought his action was a reflection on his
family. He sought out the sick and poor of the town and served them.  For
more, follow the link below:

I will place my law within them, and write it upon their hearts; I will be
their God, and they shall be my people. No longer will they have need to
teach their friends and relatives how to know the LORD. All, from least to
greatest, shall know me, says the LORD, for I will forgive their evildoing
and remember their sin no more. ~Jeremiah 31:31-34

And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my
Church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I
will give you the keys to the Kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth
shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in
heaven."  ~Matthew 16:13-23

God's relationship with His people has always been difficult.  When things
go well, people drift away.  When there's trouble, they're back again.  Even
though His people are unfaithful, God is always faithful to His covenant. "I
will be their God, and they shall be my people." In today's Gospel Peter is
chosen as the rock upon which Jesus will build His Church.  Later in the
same reading Peter is called "Satan." Still, God has hope that Peter and His
people have potential, and that His faithfulness will produce faithfulness.

I pray that I may be faithful to God and live as one of His people.  I pray
that if I fail, that I may always remember God's faithfulness to me, and His
willingness to forgive me and strengthen me to be faithful to my part of the
covenant.