<MP>Thursday, 06 March 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 20:17:57 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

F R .   P A T    H A S    T H E    F L U
Father Pat has the flu. For that reason prayer intentions will not be
include with Morning Prayer until he is feeling better.

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  The brochure will be available at the Web Site very soon.  $2699 from
Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure is available in
Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  They're available in English and Spanish as well.  Visit the
Stations every day during Lent.  They've been newly illustrated by the 4th
Graders of Saint Pat's School. I think you'll like them a great deal. Here's
the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

L E N T    P A G E S
Visit all my Lenten pages.  There are many resources, including resources
for Reconciliation (Confession), a great Examination of Conscience, and even
a "printable" Credit Card to Heaven that contains all the words you'll need
for Confession except the sins.  So, even if you haven't been to Confession
for 92 years, this can be the year for your!  Just follow the banner link
from:  www.frpat.com

Servant of God Sylvester of Assisi (d. 1240)
Sylvester was one of the first 12 followers of St. Francis of Assisi and was
the first priest in the Franciscan Order. A descendant of a noble family,
Sylvester once sold Francis stones which were to be used to rebuild a
church. When, a short while later, he saw Francis and Bernard of Quintavalle
distributing Bernard's wealth to the poor, Sylvester complained that he had
been poorly paid for the stones and asked for more money.  For more, click
the link below:

The LORD said to Moses, "I see how stiff-necked this people is. Let me
alone, then, that my wrath may blaze up against them to consume them. Then I
will make of you a great nation."  ~ Exodus 32:7-14

How can you believe, when you accept praise from one another and do not seek
the praise that comes from the only God?  ~ John 5:31-47

Sometimes we are stiff-necked people.  We know what we want and we want it
right away.  We can act like children sometimes, when we think God is not
doing for us what we'd like Him to do.  But we can be much more pliable as
wee seek the praise that comes from the only God.  We can accept the things
we cannot change and know that God will give us all we need.

I pray that I may not be selfish and stiff-necked.  I pray that I can seek
the praise that comes from God, trusting that God will provide all I need.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Kathy asks for prayer for an uncle who is now close to death and in the
hospital, asking for a miracle. A member asks prayers for answers to
financial problems causing marital problems stressing family situation. A
Mother asks prayers for a child whose family is breaking up. Regina is
asking that God's healing hand be over her brother-in-laws nephew and his
girlfriend who were in a very serious car accident last week.

Dolly asks prayer for her friend, that everything turns out okay with her on
her visit with her doctor on March 12th. Tina requests prayers for a special
intention. Nancy asks prayers for her friend who has two sick babies in the
hospital. Judy asks for prayers for God's guidance that she may yield His
call to a new job that yields personal and professional balance/growth.

Judy asks for prayers for a friend who is having marital difficulty as a
result of her husband's depression. Judy asks for prayers for her sister,
that her follow-up appointment yields continued remission. Joyce requests
prayer for her daughter, that she gains strength and is caner free and  that
her blood work comes out good tomorrow. Carole ask prayers for all priests
and religious, especially for newly ordained priests during this Lenten
season.