<MP>Thursday, 05 November 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 19:49:47 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580.  No more
than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just
follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

Venerable Solanus Casey (1870-1957)
Barney Casey became one of Detroit's best-known priests even though he was
not allowed to preach formally or to hear confessions! Barney came from a
large family in Oak Grove, Wisconsin. At the age of 21, and after he had
worked as a logger, a hospital orderly, a streetcar operator and a prison
guard, he entered St. Francis Seminary in Milwaukee-where he found the
studies difficult. He left there and, in 1896, joined the Capuchins in
Detroit, taking the name Solanus. His studies for the priesthood were again
arduous.  For more, follow the link below:

As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bend before me, and every tongue
shall give praise to God. ~Romans 14:7-12

I tell you, in just the same way there will be more joy in heaven over one
sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need
of repentance. ~Luke 15:1-10

We give reverence to the Lord who loves us and calls us to Himself. He
awaits our return when we sin. and there will be more joy in heaven over one
sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need
of repentance.

I pray that I may turn to God when I sin and receive forgiveness.  I pray
that I may continue to draw close to the God who loves me, and help others
to do the same.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Tina asks prayers for special intentions for her husband and for her son.
Alvina asks prayers as she has lumps in her breasts. Oyeen asks prayers for
a special intention.