<MP>Thursday, 05 March 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 20:11:38 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. John Joseph of the Cross (1654-1734)
Self-denial is never an end in itself but is only a help toward greater
charity-as the life of Saint John Joseph shows.
John Joseph was very ascetic even as a young man. At 16 he joined the
Franciscans in Naples; he was the first Italian to follow the reform
movement of Saint Peter Alcantara. John's reputation for holiness prompted
his superiors to put him in charge of establishing a new friary even before
he was ordained.  For more, follow the link below:

Save us from the hand of our enemies; turn our mourning into gladness and
our sorrows into wholeness." ~Esther C:12, 14-16, 23-25

If you then, who are wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more will your heavenly Father give good things to those who ask
him. "Do to others whatever you would have them do to you.
This is the law and the prophets." ~Matthew 7:7-12

Often we don't think about the impact of our actions.  We think more about
ourselves than others, and sometimes do and say things that are hurtful or
that set a bad example.  Jesus' advice in today's Gospel can speak to our
heart, "Do to others whatever you would have them do to you. This is the law
and the prophets." When this becomes a way of life for us our relationships
with God and others quickly grow stronger. May God be with us to think more
about how our actions impact others, and to lead by love and example in the
way God wants us to go.

I pray that I may do to others whatever I would have them do to me.  I pray
that I may be a model of Jesus way of life and lead others closer to the
Lord by my example.