<MP>Thursday, 04 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 18:28:50 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

S A I N T    F R A N C I S

Today is the Feast of Saint Francis of Assisi. He's one of the most popular
Saints of all.  This friend of the poor became poor himself. He worked hard
to build up the Church.  People believed because of his simple and joyous
life, in communion with the world of nature and the people around him. Learn
more about this wonderful Saint.  Just follow the Saint Francis link from:
www.frpat.com

F A M I L Y    A N D   F R I E N D S
Encourage them to Subscribe to Morning Prayer!

If you enjoy Morning Prayer, why not forward a copy to family members and
friends. Many seem to enjoy the new format.  Some say that they like to
attend Daily Mass, but cannot always do so.  Morning Prayer keeps them in
touch with the daily Scriptures and Saint of the day. Not all priests preach
on all weekdays. Morning Prayer provides a short reflection and a concrete
way to apply Scriptures to our lives. Clergy too, appreciate the simple
ideas found in both Morning Prayer and This Weekend.  Family members and
friends can learn more by following the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E
Seats will be ticketed today, October 4th. TWO SEATS REMAIN

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

.=: S C R I P T U R E S   F O R   T H E   D A Y :=.

Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God, and all the people, their hands raised
high, answered, "Amen, amen!" Then they bowed down and prostrated themselves
before the LORD, their faces to the ground." ~Nehemiah 8:1-4a, 5-6, 7b-12

Jesus said to them, "The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few; so
ask the master of the harvest to send out laborers for his harvest." ~Luke
10:1-12

"Carry no money bag, no sack, no sandals; and greet no one along the way."
~Luke 10:1-12

Saint Francis of Assisi (1182-1226)
One of the best loved Saints of all Time, Francis was born in Assisi, Italy.
He lived a pretty carefree and frolicking life as leader of Assisi's youth,
but reconsidered his direction after a serious illness. He began to empty
himself, as Christ did.  He worked hard to build up the Church, and did a
great deal to help the poor. His followers became the Franciscans. He saw
animals, sun and moon, etc. as his brothers and sisters. He died naked on
the earth at age 44.  Read much more about Saint Francis by following the
link below, or this one:  www.frpat.com/francis.htm

Jesus sent the seventy-two like lambs among wolves.  They were to take
hardly anything for the journey. Saint Francis found that things hindered
him as well, so he emptied himself of everything. Many came to believe
because of the simple Gospel message they carried.

I pray that I may have a simple faith.  I pray that I may rid myself of
things that stand in the way of my relationship with God, and hinder me from
setting a worthy example for those around me to follow.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Martha asks prayers for special intentions. Mary Joan requests prayers for
her father who is fighting recurrent throat cancer. Grandmother asks prayers
for grand-daughter who needs counseling. Mary requests prayers for her
sister and niece who need to forgive each other for the hurts each inflicts
on the other. Frieda asks prayer for her daughter's colitis.

Sue gives prayers of thanks and asks for continued prayers for her recovery,
and prayers of strength for her mother-in-law while she undergoes cancer
treatments. Therese requests prayers for a special intention for her family
who is going through a difficult time. A member requests prayers for her
friend who is going to undergo kidney transplant.