<MP>Thursday, 04 February 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 21:44:25 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
18-28 October 2010 - Map of trip is now at the Web Site
BROCHURE & SIGN-UP SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE!
now been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. If
you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.

St. Joseph of Leonissa (1556-1612)
Joseph avoided the safe compromises by which people sometimes undercut the
gospel. Born at Leonissa in the Kingdom of Naples, Joseph joined the
Capuchins in his hometown in 1573. Denying himself hearty meals and
comfortable quarters, he prepared for ordination and a life of preaching.
In 1587 he went to Constantinople to take care of the Christian galley
slaves working under Turkish masters. Imprisoned for this work, he was
warned not to resume it on his release. He did and was again imprisoned
and then condemned to death. Miraculously freed, he returned to Italy
where he preached to the poor and reconciled feuding families as well as
warring cities which had been at odds for years. He was canonized in 1746.

Lord, you are exalted over all. ~1 Chronicles 29:10, 11ab, 11d-12a, 12bcd

Jesus summoned the Twelve and began to send them out two by two and gave
them authority over unclean spirits. He instructed them to take nothing
for the journey but a walking stick?no food, no sack, no money in their
belts. ~Mark 6:7-13

Jesus sends out his disciples and asks them to stick to the basics, not to
carry along anything they don't need.  And people see that they're
genuine, and that their treasure is from heaven, not from earth. And
people listen to what they say, and begin to follow the Lord more closely.

I pray that I may seek good examples to follow.  I pray that my treasure
may be in heaven and that I may work for the things that really last!

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for the people of Haiti. We pray for great respect for life from
natural conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.

(c)MMX, Fr. Pat Umberger