<MP>Thursday, 04 December 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 22:03:34 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

M Y    S T E M    C E L L    T R A N S P L A N T
I began the process at Mayo Clinic in Rochester on 01 December. Visit my Web
Site for a complete description.  Just follow the front page link from:
www.frpat.com.  Also, visit the Blog that deals with the Transplant.  It's
updated every day at:  www.frpat.com/mayoblog

.=:  A D V E N T     P A G E S  :=.

Our Advent Pages are up and running. There are special pages for Saint
Nicholas (December 6), Our Lady of Guadalupe, Juan Diego and more.  There
are Advent resources and special blessings for Advent, our Nativity Scene,
Christmas Tree, Advent Wreath and more.  There are resources for
Reconciliation available in both English and Spanish. Visit our Web Site and
click the banner link from: www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

St. John Damascene (676?-749)
John spent most of his life in the monastery of St. Sabas, near Jerusalem,
and all of his life under Muslim rule, indeed, protected by it. He was born
in Damascus, received a classical and theological education, and followed
his father in a government position under the Arabs. After a few years he
resigned and went to the monastery of St. Sabas.  For more, follow the link
below:

Open up the gates to let in a nation that is just, one that keeps faith. A
nation of firm purpose you keep in peace;
in peace, for its trust in you. ~Isaiah 26:1-6

Everyone who listens to these words of mine and acts on them will be like a
wise man who built his house on rock. The rain fell, the floods came, and
the winds blew and buffeted the house. But it did not collapse; it had been
set solidly on rock. ~Matthew 7:21, 24-27

We are called to be a nation of firm purpose that keeps faith.  We are
called to build our house on rock.  How easy it is to bend our values until
they're pretty much gone.  How easy it is to build on something that doesn't
last.  But that's not God's way.  We can do well to heed His call and
warning ... individually, and as a nation as well.

I pray that we may be a nation of firm purpose that keeps faith.  I pray
that I may build my house on rock, not on something that doesn't last. I
pray that in this way, I may be ready for Jesus to come at Christmas ... and
at the end of time.