<MP>Thursday, 03 May 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 16:34:40 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Jesus said, "If the same person sins against you seven times a day, and
turns back to you seven times and says, 'I repent,' you must
forgive."   The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!"  The
Lord replied, "If you had faith the size of a mustard seed, you could say to
this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it would obey
you.  ~Luke 17:4-6

When I overcome myself, then I can truly forgive other people for injuries
done to me.  The self in me does not forgive injuries.  The very thought of
wrongs means that my self is in the foreground.  Since the self does not
forgive, I can work at overcoming my selfishness.  I can cease trying to
forgive those who fretted and wronged me.  It can be a mistake for me even
to think about these injuries.  I can aim at overcoming myself in my daily
life and then I can find there is nothing in me that remembers injury,
because the only thing injured, my selfishness, is gone.

I pray that I may hold no resentments.  I pray that my mind may be washed
clean of all past hates and fears.

I pray that I may realize that God loves me.  I pray that I in turn may have
love for all God's children.