<MP>Thursday, 03 June 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 16:10:12 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse - 9 seats
remain.
Brochure, sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:

Charles Lwanga and Companions (d. 1886)
One of 22 Ugandan martyrs, Charles Lwanga is the patron of youth and
Catholic action in most of tropical Africa. He protected his fellow pages
(aged 13 to 30) from the homosexual demands of the Bagandan ruler, Mwanga,
and encouraged and instructed them in the Catholic faith during their
imprisonment for refusing the ruler's demands. For his own unwillingness to
submit to the immoral acts and his efforts to safeguard the faith of his
friends, Charles was burned to death at Namugongo on June 3, 1886, by
Mwanga's order.

Be eager to present yourself as acceptable to God, a workman who causes no
disgrace, imparting the word of truth without deviation. ~2 Timothy 2:2-18

One of the scribes came to Jesus and asked him, "Which is the first of all
the commandments?" Jesus replied, "The first is this: Hear, O Israel! The
Lord our God is Lord alone! You shall love the Lord your God with all your
heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.
The second is this: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. ~Matthew
12:28-34

Loving God above all things seems like it is pretty easy.  But Jesus says
the second commandment is "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."  Then
things get more difficult.  Especially if our neighbor is disagreeable or
doesn't seem worthy of our care and love. Jesus reminds us that only when we
love our neighbor as ourself do we truly love God above all things.

I pray that I may love my neighbor as myself.  I pray that I may understand
that I cannot love God above all things if I don't love my neighbor as
myself.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A daughter in law requests prayers for her 89 year old father in law who is
traveling  alone today for the first time since his wife of 60 years death.
Lauren sends prayers in thanks for the grace of God that allowed her son to
walk away from a serious car accident.