<MP>Thursday, 03 July 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 22:12:20 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** 14 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

St. Thomas the Apostle
Poor Thomas! He made one remark and has been branded as "Doubting Thomas"
ever since. But if he doubted, he also believed. He made what is certainly
the most explicit statement of faith in the New Testament: "My Lord and My
God!" (see John 20:24-28) and, in so expressing his faith, gave Christians a
prayer that will be said till the end of time. He also occasioned a
compliment from Jesus to all later Christians: "Have you come to believe
because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and have
believed" (John 20:29).  For more, follow the link below:

Brothers and sisters: You are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you
are fellow citizens with the holy ones
and members of the household of God, built upon the foundation of the
Apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the capstone.
~Ephesians 2:19-22

But Thomas said to them, "Unless I see the mark of the nails in his hands
and put my finger into the nail marks and put my hand into his side, I will
not believe."  ~John 20:24-29

As today we celebrate the Feast of Saint Thomas the Apostle we recall the
bravery and faith of the Apostles, but also their humanity.  Thomas needed
to see in order to believe.  Built on the foundation of the Apostles, the
Church grows and thrives, and we take advantage of their tested faith and
bravery.  We can be blessed when we don't have to see everything for
ourselves, yet believe.

I pray that I may see that, as a member of the Body of Christ, I am built on
the foundation of the apostles with Jesus Himself as the capstone.  I pray
that my faith may be strengthened by the faith of Thomas and the many others
who have seen and believed.  May my belief be strong as I live authentically
as a member of the Body of Christ this day.