<MP>Thursday, 03 December 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 21:35:24 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

In 2004 I led a wonderful Pilgrimage to Ireland, the Emerald Isle. I spoke
with Gary from Pentecost Tours today and he's putting together a
Pilgrimage to Ireland for the Fall of 2010 .... probably in October. Keep
in in the back of your mind ... or start saving your nickels. I'll let you
know when firm dates and other information is available. For now, let's
pray for the success of this wonderful Pilgrimage!

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580.
No more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping
out, just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Francis Xavier(1506-1552)
Jesus asked, ?What profit would there be for one to gain the whole world
and forfeit his life?? (Matthew 16:26a). The words were repeated to a
young teacher of philosophy who had a highly promising career in
academics, with success and a life of prestige and honor before him.
Francis Xavier, 24 at the time, and living and teaching in Paris, did not
heed these words at once. They came from a good friend, Ignatius of
Loyola, whose tireless persuasion finally won the young man to Christ.
Francis then made the spiritual exercises under the direction of Ignatius,
and in 1534 joined his little community (the infant Society of Jesus).
Together at Montmartre they vowed poverty, chastity and apostolic service
according to the directions of the pope.
 For more, follow the link below:

Trust in the LORD forever! For the LORD is an eternal Rock. He humbles
those in high places, and the lofty city he brings down; He tumbles it to
the ground, levels it with the dust. ~Isaiah 26:1-6

?Everyone who listens to these words of mine and acts on them will be like
a wise man who built his house on rock. The rain fell, the floods came,
and the winds blew and buffeted the house. But it did not collapse; it had
been set solidly on rock. ~Matthew 7:21, 24-27

We are called to listen to Jesus' words and act on them.  When we do we
live according to our calling and build our house on rock. We become the
humble holy ones that God builds His kingdom upon.

I pray that I may live according to my calling and build my house on rock.
 I pray that I may listen to Jesus' words and act on them.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!